laugardagur, febrúar 23, 2008

Rambling on..

I've been out and about today and have started to hate my Chinese phone-number, it's just not working and i can't seem to find any China Mobile service around.
So i haven't contacted my favorite gay guy in the city (it really follows me everywhere my ability to attract gay guys in to my sphere of friends.) Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with him tonight , we'll see:)

On another more positive note..
I went to an antique market today and OH MY! Shanghai is no place for a girl with a budget smaller then her dreams.
I really have to tell myself many times a day , NO HEBA you really don't need that, nor does anyone else of your family,friends, or distant relatives...(I tend to have a long inner dialogue with myself seeing the positive things about buying all kinds of crap , just because you can't get it in Iceland and someone might enjoy it).
If you are just buying to buy something the magic also goes away! With that said i might as well admit i bought a few things today. Very pretty notebook, so i could keep a diary over where i go,what i see and maybe more importantly who i meet. I bought a gift for a special someone in Iceland, I bought myself a silver statue of Hare Krishna (i have a thing with religious artifacts). I bought 3 monkeys , "See no evil, Speak no evil, Hear no evil" only because i thought it would be fun to bring into my group-work on Monday as i'm facilitating a feedback session early Monday morning. Hmmm did i buy something else.... NO not really, take away coffee later on, so this was a piece of cake day.
It really drains me to be yelled at all the time "Hello Hello Lookie Lookie" at the same time i know these people are only trying to make a decent living so i really can't blame them and smile back and say "No" in my most polite way.

Now i'm back at the hotel , as i had a skype date with my son, and no one seems to be answering the phone so i'm guessing they went to the pretty little summerhouse over the weekend....AAAAAAhhhhhh wish i was there with them.

New agenda is coming up..
-Shower todays pollution of my body and out of my hair (one day I'll dedicate a whole post in this blog about my hair and how it feels in Shanghai)
-Check out what some of my classmates are up to , and try to seduce the gay guy to have dinner with me at Barbarossa which is one of the most beautiful restaurants I've seen so far.
Moroccan style and placed in the middle of a huge beautiful Chinese park in the middle of the city. Skyscrapers all around but still so much nature. In fact it reminds me a bit of Central park in New York, just smaller.
That's it for now...
I'm gonna lookie lookie into what the night will bring me ...
Au revoir... (saying it in french is so much more glamorous then if i try in Chinese)

Efnisorð: , , , ,

0 Ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli

Gerast áskrifandi að Birta ummæli [Atom]

<< Heim